Roast Garlic Hummus
As a garlic lover, I experimented with a basic Hummus Recipe to create my own Roast Garlic version, which has been a hit with everyone who has tried it.
- 1 whole Bulb of Garlic (for Roasting)
- Oil (for rubbing on Garlic Bulb)
- Salt (to season Garlic Bulb)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tin Chick Peas (drained and rinsed in cold water)
- 1/2 cup Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- Cut approximately 2 to 5mm off the base (flat end) of the Garlic Bulb, rub a little Oil over the Bulb, then place base-down in some Foil. Add a little Salt, then wrap the Bulb in the foil and place in the heated oven, with the base of the Bulb sitting flat on the oven rack.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until Garlic is nicely roasted. Remove from oven, and let cool a little until you can squeeze out the individual Cloves.
- In a food processor, add the Chick Peas, Roast Garlic Cloves, crushed Garlic, Lemon Juice and Salt, Blend until smooth.
- Add the Oil, Tahini Paste, Cayenne Pepper (if using) and Water, and blend well. If the mixture is too thick, add more Water until you get the desired consistency.